Rainwater Tanks – Rubble Base
The tank pad diameter must be at least six feet larger than the diameter of the tank for installation.
- Remove all loam, vegetation and sharp objects from the tank pad location.
- Wherever possible, the tank site should be excavated into natural ground.
- When excavating a site, adequate drainage must be installed to allow water to be diverted around the tank.
- When using fill to level a tank site, adequate retaining must be constructed to maintain pad integrity.
- Tank base material must be crushed stone or similar, with a maximum particle size of 1/4”
- The tank base must be at least 3” thick and level within 1/2”
- Once the tank base is complete, ensure any damage by vehicles or livestock is adequately repaired.
On the day of Installation
The customer is required to have available:
- Someone to advise the orientation of the fittings prior to installation starting
- Sufficient water to fill 10% of the tank volume while the installer is on site
After the installation
Once your Aquamate water tank installation is complete, be sure to place a layer of free-draining aggregate around the perimeter of the tank to reduce base erosion.